I've linked many of the tracks to urls at youtube. The images don't always match the ideas I gleaned from the songs, but the songs themselves are what matter. This one has been updated during the re-edit and rewrite, so has many songs that weren't around at the time of the first writing. However Slave To Love, Saturday Night's All right For Fighting and Adam Raised a Cain were there from the start.
1. BITTERSWEET - Apocalyptica
An instrumental introductory theme song, particularly relevant to the past of the hero and his father
2. FACE DOWN - Red Jump Suit Appartus
Linnet's relationship with her husband as observed by Joscelin.
3. 100 WAYS TO BE A GOOD GIRL - Skunk Ananse
Linnet surviving the regime under which she has to live
4. PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS - Dire Straits
Joscelin uncovers murky goings on
5. HUMAN TOUCH - Bruce Springsteen
Joscelin discusses future arrangements with Linnet after Giles' death
6.BITTERSWEET - Apocalyptica
The version with vocals this time. William Ironheart's past is shown in more detail.
7. HOLD ON FUCKER - Bigwig
The fight on the way to Rushcliffe. 'Control, control, it's always been about control, the money you work for the things that you own.'
8. THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN - Thin Lizzy
The appearance of Conan de Gael on Joscelin's new territory and the memories raised.
9. SLAVE TO LOVE - Roxy Music
The relationship of Joscelin's father to his lost love, and some lesser commentary on Joscelin's own past. The chapel in the forest.
10. BLUE AND YELLOW - The Used
How Joscelin comes to feel for Linnet and she for him. This song also has strong resonances between myself and John Marshal with reference to me writing A Place Beyond Courage. A very important song spiritually.
11. IF I WERE A CARPENTER - Tim Hardin
More relationship stuff between Joscelin and Linnet
12. SATURDAY NIGHT'S ALL RIGHT FOR FIGHTING - Nickelback
Warfare, with particular reference to Conan who is definitely a rough diamond!
13. EVER FALLEN IN LOVE - Fine Young Cannibals
Joscelin and Linnet hit marital problems when the secret of her past emerges.
14. LOVE BITES - Def Leppard
Joscelin's doubt and bitterness over above mentioned 13.
15. SECRET GARDEN - Damhnait Doyle & Tom Cochrane
Joscelin still trying to come to terms with Linnet's past. Also echoes of his father grieving for Morwenna.
16. FIN - Anberlin
Joscelin determined not to be defeated by his dilemmas and fighting through.
17. ADAM RAISED A CAIN - Bruce Springsteen
The fight between Joscelin and his half brother becomes deadly. It's kill or be killed
18. GREENSLEEVES - Loreena McKennit
Joscelin's father's final grieving. Morwenna's haunting presence.
19. CAPTAINS - Show of Hands
The final resolution for Joscelin and Linnet.