1. Wind & Geige by Faun Wind & Geige by Faun
This is the Empress returning from Germany and involves pitching a tent on a windy evening!
2. Wire 2 Wire by Razorlight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwRNvpGydzw
This is the Empress and is about her relationship with a baron called Brian FitzCount.
3. Die For You by Megan McCauley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDctC82umBk
The Empress and her relationship with her young husband Geoffrey le Bel. It's about erotic attraction, control and hatred.
4.Ophelia - Natalie Merchant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w0HArmTuVs
This is about Adeliza and the way she hides herself to deal with what life demands of her.
5. Diamonds and Rust - Joan Baez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtQh0EBbPwo
This is about the Empress meeting up with Brian FitzCount some time after her marriage. Wistful yearning. What might have been.
6. Closer to Believing - Greg Lake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWzC1dnJsuw This is Brian FitzCount's impression of the Empress
7. Into the Fire - Thirteen Senses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfEcDZn71bs William D'Albini asking Adeliza to marry him in the nunnery at Wilton
8 10th Man Down - Nightwish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaEY7Z3QsOA A warfare theme. Nightwish are favourites of mine!
9 You Stay Here - Richard Shindell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yji5dhjf2jI The aftermath of war for the losers. The danger, the hiding, the horror of warfare.
10 I walk alone - Tarja. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xBsyonp_ok The Empress Matilda escaping through the snow on a freezing December night. Her despair, her anger, her lonelieness
11 Everything I need - Big Country http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aVZoUtzKQg
Brian FitzCount and William D'Albini thinking of the women they love.
12. Madonna - Jude. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z938jGpSWgs Will D'Albini coming home to his wife after a hard battle. It also fits in with his earlier feelings about her and also applies later on. I suppose it's a main theme of their relationship.
13. Bittersweet - Apopcalyptica -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi1ArEPKlu0 This is Brian FitzCount towards the end of the novel when he makes his big decision.
14 The Gift - Seether - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YRuI7taIRI Another one about Brian making his decision.
15.Overcome - Live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XzJYjZ6Cio More Brian and about redemption and resolution.
16. Regina Mundi - Monks of the Abbey of Notre Dame. No audio, but Gregorian chant. Concerned with Brian.
17. Breathe No More - Evanessence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH_EJo5MFR8 This is Adeliza during a time of uncertainty and physical frailty.
18. If God Could Talk - Meat Loaf.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4lGJa_HPuE
Will and Adeliza as they discuss their future. This song fits perfectly.
19 The Feathers, the Bones and the Shells - Beth Nielsen Chapman. This is the only version of the song I can find on Youtube, but the version I have on my home soundtrack is the Nielsen Chapman one. It's about the situation between William D'Albini and Adeliza. The lyrics suit beautifully.
20 Red Badge of Courage - Brian Houston - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gV_sl6g2cU
This is the grand finale that describes both Adeliza and Matilda.